Five Blogging Bait and Switch Moves I Hate
1. A blog title asks a question, implying the question will be answered, then the post really says the question is the wrong one or completely irrelevant.
2. A blog title says there will be a certain number of items in a list, then the post either doesn’t include a list or it’s not easy to visually scan.
3. A blog title is very long, then the post is comprised of the title plus 3 additional words.
4. A blog title sounds as if the post will provide very helpful information, then the post is a personal reflection with no information a reader can directly act upon.
5. A blog title is enticing but vague, then the post is even vaguer than the title.
As a blogger, I’m opening myself up to you all saying, “Hey, you do those blogging bait and switch moves too!” If you think I have done any of these, keep me honest and let me know.
So what blogging bait and switch moves do you think suck that you would add to this list? – Mike Brown
If you’re struggling with determining ROI and evaluating its impacts, download “6 Social Media Metrics You Must Track” today! This article provides a concise, strategic view of the numbers and stories that matter in shaping, implementing, and evaluating your strategy. You’ll learn lessons about when to address measurement strategy, identifying overlooked ROI opportunities, and creating a 6-metric dashboard. Download Your Free Copy of “6 Social Media Metrics You Must Track!”