If you’re looking for ideas on what to blog about, how about spending a few minutes looking at the blog topics in your social feeds?
9 Blogging Ideas from Blogs in Your Social Feeds
When you’re feeling creatively stuck coming up with blog topics, the answer to what to blog about might be to write an answer post to a blog in your social feeds. If the topic fits your blog’s content strategy, you can use the original blog’s subject as a point of departure by writing a blog post in response to any of these nine questions:
- What would someone need to know before reading the original blog?
- What would someone still need to do after they read the other blog?
- How can you go into more detail with more steps?
- How can you simplify the topic to feature fewer steps than the original blog?
- How might you extol the author’s smarts since you agree with him/her so strongly?
- What would you talk about as the opposite point of view (i.e., you don’t HAVE to do any of these steps)?
- What links can you feature to previous stories you’ve written on the original blog’s topic?
- What links can you share to stories other authors have already written on the topic?
- What would it look like to rewrite the article with the same subject but a different headline and your own point of view in the copy?
Remember that your blog post can be a “secret” answer post. Using all but one of these questions (number 5 is the exception) your blog post doesn’t HAVE TO make a big deal out of being an answer post.
An Efficient Answer to What to Blog About
Nine potential blog topics is a wonderful set of possibilities from simply scanning your social feeds.
And if you have created a list, column, group, board, or feed filled with content related to your content categories, it’s even that much more efficient!
Other Brainzooming Blogging Links
Is your social media strategy missing the mark?
Is your social media implementation working as well as it can? In less than 60 minutes with the new FREE Brainzooming ebook “9 Diagnostics to Check Your Social Strategy,” you’ll have a precise answer to this question. Any executive can make a thorough yet rapid evaluation of nine different dimensions of their social media strategies with these nine diagnostics. Download Your Free Copy of “9 Diagnostics to Check Your Social Strategy.