So let’s think about how we can apply a successful exerciser’s approach to trimming wastein a business setting. A successful exerciser:
- Sets a realistic, aggressive goal
- Works with a trainer to increase their knowledge, accountability, and results
- Exercises regularly
- Varies the workout to stay motivated
- Pushes to achieve better performance all the time
- Tracks and records their activity
- Consumes less food
- Monitors food intake by counting calories
- Measures progress toward the goal
Next time you’re charged with reducing something at work (costs, unnecessary process, re-work, etc.) generate at least three potential new ideas for each of the steps above to help you improve your odds of successfully trimming fat.
Note #1 – Today’s post is dedicated to Jenn Oxler, my trainer for the past two years. With her help (and her repeated questions about my food intake), I’ve lost nearly 30 pounds and have gotten into the best physical shape of my life. Thanks Jenn!
The Brainzooming Group helps make smart organizations more successful by rapidly expanding their strategic options and creating innovative plans they can efficiently implement. Email us at email@example.com or call us at 816-509-5320 to learn how we can help you enhance your strategy and implementation efforts.