- Make the best possible first impression–be friendly & well dressed with a positive attitude.
- Be yourself & pay attention to your instincts.
- Spend time together to get to know each other.
- Ask questions. Don’t just talk about yourself. Keep the conversation light.
- Be attentive to the other person and don’t talk on your cell phone.
- Be honest.
- Go the extra mile to make the other person comfortable.
- Thank the other person for spending time together.
So if you have some new business relationships to build, this should help you get some fresh ideas. And if you’ve got a first date lined up for Valentine’s Day tomorrow, you can also benefit. Just make sure that you don’t apply the ideas from the former situation to the latter – that would be a problem!
The Brainzooming Group helps make smart organizations more successful by rapidly expanding their strategic options and creating innovative plans they can efficiently implement. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 816-509-5320 to learn how we can help you enhance your strategy and implementation efforts.