The participants are active duty military personnel exploring business ideas for when they transition out of the Army over the next year.
The session topic is marketing strategy and implementation, addressing planning and implementation challenges, cost-effective marketing strategies, maximizing social media for a new business, and entrepreneurship lessons.
The four related marketing strategy question are included below along with links to Brainzooming blog articles containing more detail on each.
1. What are common challenges planning or implementing marketing strategy?
- Do You Have What It Takes for a Marketing Plan?
- Strategic Thinking Questions to Identify What Matters for a Brand
- Strategic Thinking Exercises – Why New Product Launches Fail
- 5 Reasons Strategy and Creative Work Must Be Integrated
- A Strategic Creative Brief – 4 Benefits for Your Communications
- Strategic Questions – 19 Ideas for Reviewing Creative Design Work
- Strategic Thinking – What Kind of Perfection Are You Looking For?
2. What are creative, cost-effective marketing activities?
- Identifying Guerrilla Marketing Tools for Your Business
- Doing New with Less – Creative Thinking and Innovative Programs on a Shoestring
- Marketing Budget Yoga – A Strategy for Succeeding with Less
3. What are the best uses of social media?
- Social Media Strategy – Updated Framework to Maximize Social Networking Impact
- 20 Great Digital Marketing Tools, Once You Have a Strategy by @JohnQCreative
4. Based on your start up experience, what are your marketing strategy lessons?
- 25 Lessons Learned (or Reconfirmed) in Year Four Away from Corporate Life, plus Year Three, Year Two, and Year One
These links are a good starting point for anyone exploring entrepreneurship and the marketing capabilities they need to address upfront.
What other suggestions would you add for these individuals who are serving our country as they prepare to transition to the next phases of their careers? – Mike Brown