- Charlie Brown (color and cut) with
- The Dallas Cowboys (stars and stripes) and
- The Presidential election (Barrack Obama) to come up with this costume.
Totally derivative, yet completely creative and fun!
It’s an approach worth trying next time you’re stuck for a quick creative idea:
- Draw a 3 by 3 grid on a sheet of paper.
- Label the three columns “Cartoon Character,” “Sports Team,” and “Celebrity” or if you want, label them completely differently.
- Whatever labels you pick, fill in the 3 squares below each label with examples of it.
- Then keeping pairing up three squares (one from each column) to see what the combos suggest in the way of borrowed creativity to address your challenge.
It will have you singing, “I borrowed an idea and I liked it!”