Following up Tuesday’s article, I appeared Friday, June 20 on the “Eye on Small Business” radio program with Kelly Scanlon (KCTE Hot Talk 1510 AM). It’s an hour show, providing an opportunity to talk with Kelly, publisher of “Kansas City Small Business Monthly,” about ways to foster a more innovative approach in business and life. You can listen to the entire program by clicking on this link to her Talkshoe.com site.
We covered many topics during the show including those below:
- Orange – An Innovative Color
- What’s Creativity?
- Applying Your Best Talents in New Ways
- Building a Creative Team
- Generalizing Business Situations for Innovation
- Trying Different Creativity Tools
- Looking from Different Perspectives
- Creativity As a Numbers Game
- Forgetting Conventional Wisdom
- Getting Unstuck Creatively
- Stealing Ideas (or if you need businessspeak, call it “Leveraging the Intellectual Capital of Others”)
- Using Great Questions
- Focusing on What Matters
- What Does Strategic Mean?
- Narrowing Ideas
Since there won’t be an article on July 4, here’s tip: If you have the opportunity, watch fireworks from the tallest building that you can. We typically watch from the 9th floor at work because we can see fireworks displays from all over Kansas City in one location! Hotels with restaurants at the top are another great option as well.
Be safe and check back July 7 for a “Creative Quickie,” the new every Monday feature to get your week started creatively.