Distinctive talents are skills closely associated with you where you continually improve as you do them, you benefit others, and you create a spark that attracts people to be a part of the energy you’re radiating. Building your list of distinctive talents begins with answering these questions openly & honestly:
- What things motivate you to get up every morning?
- How are you of the greatest service to others?
- What activities bring you the most happiness and contentment?
- What functions, talents, and skills do you (or have you) used that give you the most fulfillment in your professional life, family relationships / duties, spiritual life, and personal interests / hobbies?
- How would you spend your time, talents, and attention if you didn’t have to work?
Hint – Stumped for answers in some areas? Ask a few acquaintances what they think your distinctive talents are.
After answering all the questions, go back and circle the 5 or 10 or 15 answers that truly fit the distinctive talents definition. Since these areas are likely to be the most intuitive for you, you think less about the mechanics of doing them and simply perform them really well. This makes them ideal to incorporate into creating a new “category” where you’ll be the best in the world.