A Windmill Networking blog post highlighted fifteen social media activities and mindsets professionals need to address toward improving their 2013 marketability. The social media activities list provided a solid overview of fundamental social media strategy thinking and expertise areas.
For many Brainzooming readers, you’ve already absorbed the fundamentals of social media strategy and live them out on a daily basis. Yet I know for many others, especially mid-career professionals, social media is something you’re barely and only begrudgingly embracing – and then often only sporadically.
Fifteen Social Media Strategy Thinking and Expertise Areas
For all of you, here is a recap of the fifteen social media fundamentals list, along with a link to a previous Brainzooming post for each topic. While you definitely need to explore other sources, these Brainzooming articles on social media fundamentals provide initial ideas if you’ve been resisting social media as a more important part of your professional skill repertoire.
Here are the fifteen social media thinking and expertise areas for you to address:
- Having an Active Personal Social Presence
- Understanding the Importance of Engagement
- Knowing the Role Social Media Listening Plays
- Being Flexible and Open to New Approaches
- Getting a Handle on Understanding Social Media on an Ongoing Basis
- Diligent in Social Media Monitoring
- Actively Connect with Customers
- Regular Analysis to Monitor Performance
- Strong Content Creation
- Tie Social Media to Business-Related Goals
- Possess a Long-Term Orientation
- Integrating Traditional and Social Media Strategy
- Having at Least a Cursory Understanding of SEO
- Reaching Out to Collaborate Across Departments within the Organization
- Know who the Top Influencers Are in Your Industry
How are you stacking up on these social media strategy activities and mindset recommendations?
Do you have a long or short list to improve your 2013 marketability? If you’re in good shape, is there someone else you know who could benefit from this list? Maybe you can share it with them. That would be a great demonstration of #2! – Mike Brown
If you’re struggling with determining ROI and evaluating its impacts, download “6 Social Media Metrics You Must Track” today! This article provides a concise, strategic view of the numbers and stories that matter in shaping, implementing, and evaluating your strategy. You’ll learn lessons about when to address measurement strategy, identifying overlooked ROI opportunities, and creating a 6-metric dashboard. Download Your Free Copy of “6 Social Media Metrics You Must Track!