I’ll admit to being hopeful about the strategic planning benefits an organization can realize. But not from the typical strategic planning – the kind with too many boring meetings, too few real insights, lots of forms to fill out, takes forever with little real world impact.
Instead, my hopefulness is tied to the type of strategic planning we facilitate with:
- Engaging, targeted meetings
- Broad participation and inputs for strategic exploration
- Rich, strategic thinking questions, and
- Time-constrained exercises
When it comes to that kind of strategic planning, there are plenty of benefits for an organization.
18 Ways Strategic Planning Benefits Your Organization
When an organization engages in real strategic thinking-based planning with broad participation, an organization and its people should be:
- More results-driven
- More confident of attaining performance goals
- Able to more successfully take on stretch objectives
- Very focused on high impact strategic initiatives
- More actively thinking and implementing strategically
- Better able to accommodate rapid change
- Prepared to better handle uncertainty
- Aligned more tightly to key objectives
- Able to readily identify and close knowledge gaps
- Experiencing stronger affiliation for the brand
- Displaying greater alignment within the senior management team
- Achieving stronger alignment within teams throughout the organization
- Gaining greater visibility for the senior leadership
- Engaged in more honest, strategic conversations
- More successfully tackling challenging strategic issues
- Experiencing a richer, actionable understanding of the strategic direction
- Interested in participating in future strategic planning
Not all these benefits may come right away, but over time, vibrant strategic planning will deliver on these benefits.
Wonder how all those strategic planning benefits are possible?