To make it a little easier to track down answers, here are some of the most asked questions about strategic thinking with links to previous posts that address each topic; simply click on the original date to go to the post.
- My boss wants me to be more “strategic”? How do I do that? (1/10/2008)
- What are some characteristics of solid strategic thinkers? (12/1/2007)
- How can I help myself to look at situations from different perspectives? (2/14/2008)
- Our strategies sound really complicated and nobody knows what they mean/ Shouldn’t you be able to actually do something with a strategy? (12/26/2007)
- People at my company are stuck in how we’ve always done things. How can we get past that? (12/5/2007)
- People are busy on day-to-day responsibilities. How can I get them to make the effort to work on strategy? (3/12/2008)
- I’ve got to come up with some new ideas at work. How do I go about it? (3/11/2008)
- How do we get “bigger” ideas? (3/10/2008)
- What are the reasons for timing strategic thinking exercises? (2/1/2008)
- Once you have a good idea, how do you sell it to management? (12/10/2007)
- What do you do if you ideas aren’t working out successfully? (2/28/2008)
- If something doesn’t work, how do we make sure we improve next time? (3/3/2008)
Please let me know if you have additional questions that can be answered in future posts!