During a session on DIY strategic thinking with the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) I received a frequent question when I talk about strategic thinking approaches which is, “What do they look like?”
That’s only natural considering I describe the approach we’ve put together as various parts:
- Big time consulting (for its structure and deliverables without the endless templates)
- Edward DeBono (for broad use of lateral thinking approaches learned via Chuck Dymer at PeopleWorks)
- Stand up comedy (for its improv-like flexibility and funny props)
- 3M (for lots of sticky notes)
- “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy” (for pairing people with specific expertise with people that don’t to help them be more successful)
You’re probably wondering too how all that comes together. Based on time, I didn’t get to show this video to the group last night, so to give you a picture as well as some of the specific principles we apply, here’s a quick video from actual strategic thinking sessions.
If you have specific questions after watching the video, let me know via email (or write it on a little yellow post it)!