Tuesday brought a variety of great inbox material on strategically addressing the current economic downturn.
Several articles included in a free McKinsey Quarterly email addressed strategy in tough times:
- Leading through uncertainty
- Strategy in a ‘structural break’
- The downturn’s new rules for marketers
- A fresh look at strategy under uncertainty: An interview
- McKinsey Global Survey Results: Economic conditions snapshot, November 2008
It’s definitely worth signing up to get access to the free McKinsey material. You’ll be able to read and download many articles in its historical library.
Another article was from Wired.com about innovation in turbulent economic times. The article was featured in the free Innovation Tools newsletter.
Many strategic pieces getting written advise against the potential initial instinct to pull back on everything in the face of uncertainty. Instead, they suggest smart, strategic businesses take advantage of major market shifts, get strategically aggressive, and come out ahead of hesitant competitors.
The challenge is that it’s easier written than done. Here’s to doing it now and being around to write about the successes later!