Last Friday’s Brainzooming blog post received very kind comments and attention. The irony is for as much as I try to write ahead of time, on Thursday night, I didn’t have a blog written for Friday morning. In fact, leaving a Social Media Club of Kansas City event Thursday evening, I told reader Pam Hausner (who was very gracious in her comments about the Brainzooming blog) it was imperative I leave because I had no clue what the Friday post would be.
On the way home, I was thinking of what type of list post I could write, since list posts can be quick blog posts to create. The result was grabbing a variety of tweets on giving yourself a break and publishing it for Friday along with a fun link to Stickman.
The other list post topic idea was this one: what are easy blogging topic ideas, i.e. quick blog posts for when you need to create one in a hurry? To answer that question, here are my top-10 quick blogging topic ideas:
- Make a list comprised of old tweets.
- Scan content that you have handwritten and call it good.
- Publish a video you shot that nobody has ever seen.
- Publish an intriguing photo and don’t worry about writing so much copy.
- Don’t publish and see if anyone even notices.
- Re-edit something you’ve written that’s appeared elsewhere in a blog, presentation, document, or email.
- Run a categorized list of links to previous posts you’ve written.
- Publish a comment you made on another blog.
- List your current complaints and frustrations with social media.
- Embed a YouTube video from another source.
How about it you bloggers? What strategies do you fall back on when you need a quick blog post to meet a publishing deadline? – Mike Brown
If you’d like to add an interactive, educationally-stimulating presentation on social media, content marketing, and blogging to your event, Mike Brown is the answer. Email us at [email protected] or call 816-509-5320 to learn how Mike can get your audience members Brainzooming!